Healthy Hot Chocolate - PCOS, Fertility and Hormone Friendly
Enjoying a big mug of hot chocolate is one of the best things about cold weather. While it’s delicious, regular hot chocolate is typically filled with dairy, processed white sugar, and potentially other preservatives and additives.
Chocoholics rejoice! Now you can indulge in these energising super foods. I love the Naked Chocolate by the Healthy Chef as it’s bursting with antioxidants, mineral rich cacao, carob, maca, cinnamon and pure vanilla bean. This potent blend provides sustained energy, supports the endocrine and immune systems and contributes to hormonal balance. Great for your wellbeing and tastes amazing too!
Here’s a my spin to turn regular unhealthy hot chocolate into a healthier treat!
1 1/2 cups almond milk or your choice of dairy-free milk - hot
2 heaped teaspoons cacao (You can order the Naked Chocolate online here)
1. Combine cacao and a splash of hot milk in a cup.
2. Mix to form a smooth paste
3. Add the rest of the hot milk, mixing thoroughly. If you want that extra frothy smooth texture, I use either a hand mixer of I put mine in the vitamix or blender to get it nice and frothy.
4. I like to add some honey or coconut sugar for a little extra sweetness.
5. For something a little bit special, try adding a toothpick to your favourite essential oil like Peppermint, Wild Orange, Cardamon, Cinnamon and swirld throuh the hot chocolate for a yummy flavour sensation with a difference.
6. Enjoy and be nourished.